1. Place the thin veal slices on wax paper. Sprinkle
the cheese over the meat and cover with wax paper. Press
the cheese well into the meat.
2. Remove top wax paper and place a slice of prosciutto
on top of the cheese. Brush on brandy and roll up carefully,
securing with string.
3. Place the butter and oil in a large skillet. When
sizzling, brown the veal rolls on all sides.
4. Remove the meat and to the juices in skillet add
the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper, tomato paste, beef
broth, and Marsala wine. Stir to combine the ingredients
and bring to a boil. Return the veal rolls to the pan.
Reduce heat, cover skillet, and simmer for about 15
minutes, or until tender. Transfer the veal to a hot
platter and remove the strings. Cover loosely with foil.
5. In another pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter until
hot but not smoking, and sauté the mushrooms.
6. Add the lemon juice to the pan used to sauté the
veal, and adjust seasoning. Mix the cornstarch with
a little water and add gradually to the sauce, stirring
constantly and adding just enough of the cornstarch
mixture to thicken the sauce slightly.
7. Pour the sauce around the Saltimbocca, and garnish
with the mushroom caps. Sprinkle parsley over the finished