Just can’t get enough maple syrup? Then you’re going to want to try this recipe. We start with our Smoky Maple Links, which are made with real maple syrup.
Then we wrap them in layers of Epicurean Maple Syrup Butter, mascarpone cheese blended with more maple syrup, and French toast bread. Then we dip them in egg and cook them French toast-style.
And, of course, top with more maple syrup. Need we say more?
Maple-Lover’s Stuffed French Toast
8 slices French toast bread or sandwich bread
2 oz. Epicurean Maple Syrup Butter, softened
4 oz. mascarpone cheese
1 Tbsp. maple syrup, plus additional for serving
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1. Remove crusts from bread and flatten each slice with a rolling pin.
2. In a small mixing bowl, blend cheese, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Spread each slice of bread with a thin layer of butter. Then spread a thick layer of cheese mixture on top of the butter. Set aside.
4. Slice the sausages in half lengthwise. Brown the sausages. Allow to cool enough to handle.
5. Place 1 sausage in each slice of bread. Wrap the bread around to form a roll-up and pinch the edges together to seal. Set aside.
6. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
7. Dip each roll-up in the egg mixture and brown on all sides on a hot griddle or frying pan.
8. Top with maple syrup for serving and enjoy hot!