David Lobel loves Lobel’s All-Purpose Savory Seasoning (previously called Lobel’s Dry Rub) so much he’s using it in all of his go-to recipes. Here’s a great example: David has substituted an equal amount of Lobel’s All-Purpose Savory Seasoning for the dry spices and herbs in his favorite potato salad recipe. But this isn’t just any potato salad–it includes grilled bacon and onions! Check it out…
David Lobel’s Grilled Bacon & Onion Potato Salad
1 lb. Lobel’s Double Hickory Smoked Slab Bacon, thickly sliced
1 large red onion, thickly sliced
3-4 lbs. baby red potatoes, cut in half
1 1/2 tablespoons of Lobel’s All-Purpose Savory Seasoning
2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill the bacon and onion slices until the bacon is very crispy and the onion slices are tender. About 4–6 minutes per side.
- Lightly coat the potatoes with olive oil, salt, and freshly ground pepper. Wrap loosely in aluminum foil and place on grill for about 15 minutes, turning over once about halfway through.
- Remove bacon, onions, and potatoes from the grill and let cool completely.
- Dice the bacon and onions into small pieces and combine with potatoes in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the seasoning with bacon, potatoes, and onions, then stir in the mustard and mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate one hour before serving.
What’s the secret ingredient in your favorite potato salad? Have you ever grilled bacon before? Do you grill any ingredients in your potato salad? Do you prefer a mustard salad, mayonnaise salad, or both together?