Picture yourself sitting down to a warm and cozy meal with your family. You have all the components ready to go: the table is set, the drinks are poured, and family is just sitting down. On the table you've got creamy mashed potatoes and a crisp garden salad. What comes out of the oven? Mark Lobel would say, "My meatloaf recipe!" Mark loves using Lobel's All-Purpose Savory Seasoning so much that he created this recipe just to showcase it!
2 lbs. USDA Prime Filet Mignon Burger Ground Beef
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. Lobel's All-Purpose Savory Seasoning
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. Lobel's Steak Sauce (or Lobel's BBQ Sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Break up ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Add peppers, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, and Lobel's Savory Seasoning. Mix with a light hand to combine all ingredients evenly. Do not overwork the mixture.
- Spread mixture into a loaf pan.
- Brush top of mixture with Lobel's sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through, about an hour.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving suggestion: Serve with mashed potatoes and a garden salad.
What is your favorite preparation of meatloaf? Do you prefer a meatloaf with sauce on the top? What do you serve alongside your meatloaf?